August 23, 2010

helix aspersa

Awhile ago I got a book from the library called "Snail, where are you?" It is a really sweet, really simple picture book in which you are supposed to find the spiral snail shape within the illustrations on each page. A few days later, I was sitting on my front porch, eating yogurt, like I do every morning, when I happened to look down and see... a little brown snail! It was crawling up a stem of grass near the sidewalk, and my first thought, literally, was: Snail, where are you?

Which made me laugh and laugh, and still does. I thought to myself: Look, Noah! Do you see him? There he is, right there. There's the snail, just like in our book.


It was such a sweet and funny moment, and I am so glad that I have that memory now. I am putting it here so that I don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment