May 12, 2010

spiders

Last night I dreamed I went into a room, and my family was there. As I walked in I thought I saw a big spider run to a corner and hide, but when I said something about it, everyone acted like I was crazy.

"Don't be silly," they laughed. "We haven't seen any spiders. How would a spider even get in here? There's no way."

And I said, "Are you serious? There are a hundred ways a spider could get in here! And I'm pretty sure I saw one."

But no one would listen, so I sat on the couch, disgruntled for awhile, until I forgot about it. A little later, a new person walked into the room, someone who wasn't part of my family, and started shreiking. "Spider! A spider!"

I looked up then and saw a gigantic spider hanging from a web in the corner. It had a big body and long skinny legs and tiger stripes, and it was terrifying. And I stood up and yelled, "OH MY GOD! I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A SPIDER!"

1 comment:

  1. Man. Thank you for continuing to be so transparent. That is EXACTLY how i feel in my family. Exactly.

    ReplyDelete