May 31, 2010

memorial day

Well, here we are at the last day of May. This month seemed to stretch and stretch before me, and now it's finally over. With all the grown-up kinds of things I've been doing and still need to get done, I somehow have been able to reconnect with the part of me that has forever been five years old. These days I see everything first through those eyes, and then through my current ones. It is disorienting, to say the least; but I am integrating more and more, and that is good.

Memorial Day was established primarily as a day to pray for peace. We remember the battles, but we don't wish for them. We only fight so that we won't need to fight anymore. Today I remember my battles. I grieve my wounded. I mourn the lost years and the pain. I have fought, and I keep fighting; but I hope that one day I won't have to fight anymore.

I pray for peace. I pray for peace. I pray for peace.

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of you choosing to connect with that part of you at an even deeper level...takes alot of bravery on both sides for this to happen, even more so a deep level of trust, truth, and grief even. So proud of you two! We choose to think of integration as a blending of sorts...like colors choosing to melt into each other, becoming one unified new color.
    Thank you for including us on both of your journeys. Blessings for you as you continue to find wholeness, however that looks for you.

    :) ((you))

    ReplyDelete