January 31, 2011

sound advice

I've had this idea percolating for awhile, and I decided it's time to act on it. So I headed to the fabric store today to enrich my stash, and am getting ready for a sewing marathon as I prepare to open... my very own etsy shop!

I was feeling excited this afternoon, but really nervous too. I've never invested in myself this way, never felt supported enough to try such a venture. I spent a pretty good chunk of change on the fabrics, and afterward I was like, Oh no! *bites fingernails* What if I made a mistake? What if I totally blow it?!

Then I opened my fortune cookie after dinner, and I had to laugh.


Thanks, fortune cookie! Sometimes all I really need are a few words of encouragement.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the etsy shop. Yay for taking a risk and believing in yourself. Seriously. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooo proud of you and so excited to see how you express yourself on this new venture. Your Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL, FRIEND!!!!!! So proud of you! Can't wait to see what you produce! sending love.

    us

    ReplyDelete
  4. just looking at those fabrics makes me want to pre-order anything you make. Go for it!! Make sure you post a link here, I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting! I haven't let myself get into etsy because I fear all of my money (that I don't have...) will end up there. This might just be a reason to get hooked. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete