January 27, 2011

and NYC

Look, another! I do love a good timelapse...


video by Mindrelic, discovered via SwissMiss


Speaking of lapses in time, however: it's been a difficult couple of days. Most of it is kind of a blur. I got a voicemail on Tuesday night, and needed to return the call the following morning and talk about some really unpleasant family/legal stuff. And it was upsetting. It made me sick to my stomach, in fact. But you know what? I made that phonecall. All by myself. I called the lady back, with no prodding or stalling, even though I (really really really) didn't want to. And that, my friends, is enormous progress. When I hung up, I felt all trembly and sick inside -- but I felt a little bit like a lion, too.

I spent most of the rest of the day playing Free Cell on the computer (my main coping superpower) and didn't get anything else accomplished, and next thing I knew it was nighttime; but I am totally okay with that. I am still just so proud of myself for picking up the phone, and dialing the number, and doing what needed to be done. Tuesday night was definitely hard, and last night was hard too. But I am doing better now.

I am feeling more and more like a lion.

1 comment:

  1. YOU FUCKING ROCK, my friend. And play that free-cell...and beat your own score. ;) Keep fighting. You're doing amazing.

    ReplyDelete