December 27, 2009

nightmare

I had a horrible dream this morning. I dreamed I was at the house where I grew up, and my dad walked in, so I immediately attacked him. He grabbed me and I was going to bite his hand, but then I had the stomach-turning thought that he might actually like that, so I didn't. I hit his stupid face, and kicked him and beat at his chest as hard as I could and screamed. And all the while he just held me off at arm's length, and looked pitying, and said infuriating things like "There, there," and "I know," as if he could soothe me. As if he were a good parent and I was a child throwing a silly tantrum, and when my temper was spent he would forgive me for my tiresome behavior and we would all go on as usual. And no matter how I kept screaming and hitting, and getting more angry instead of less, his face never changed and he never understood that I wanted him dead, dead, dead, and things would never be the same again.

I woke up thrashing and crying and mad. I hate him so much - but it hurts me, instead of him. It's so unfair.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg3pPHfnwyY

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0SYd6YIis

    Just some tunes that help me get my power back and remind me that I I will survive when i find my ordinary world.

    love and cyber hugs your way if you want to be touched. if not. a smile.

    ang

    ReplyDelete