March 12, 2010

the results are in

Here is a brief summary of what I am allergic to (the *stars
mean death):
whey, eggs, coffee, yeast, banana, cranberry, strawberry*, guava*, seafood*, fish (white)*, corn, pecans, sesame, asparagus, garlic, lettuce, mushrooms (common), wool, pet dander, weeds, grass, hay, pollen, dust, mold, mildew, cheap metals... life?

Ugh. I did ask to be tested. And it explains so much. And if I avoid these things, I will feel alot better. But it's kind of distressing.

UPDATE: Wow, I must have been in denial for a little bit, because I see now that I forgot to add: cane sugar. Noooooooooo!!

3 comments:

  1. COFFFEEE???? oh I don't think I would want to know that. The truth would be to hard. Just being honest...good luck with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happens when you are exposed to the ones that you are not deathly allergic too? Have you ever had any of them and not had a reaction in the past??? I wonder what I would be diagnosed with? I have never thought I was allergic to anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been exposed to all of those things many times! The death-food ones I knew already, because of bad experiences, and the environmental ones I knew already too. But the others I had no idea. I was eating scrambled eggs and salad every day for the whole week before I got my test results back! (oh, the irony.) Then I read the results and was like: oh! I guess that's why I'm bloated and headachy and I haven't lost any weight this week! haha.

    So yeah, I have mild reactions all the time, but because there are delays and different levels of severity, I wasn't sure what it was that I was allergic to. Symptoms include: headache, chronic hiccups, cravings, bloating, rashes, swelling in mouth and/or throat, blemishes around mouth, and trouble losing weight. ugh. good times!

    ReplyDelete