October 16, 2009

big and small

How are you feeling today?

I feel like shit.

Why?

Because I don't have a family.

Oh. I know. You never really did have a family, did you? But you can see it now, and feel it, and that makes it fresh and awful all over again.

Yes.

I had to get you out of there, you know. I could see what it was doing to you, being around those people still.

I know. I didn't want to be there, but I didn't think I had a choice. I didn't think there was anyone else.

I'm going to find you a new mommy and daddy.

A new family?

Yes. But it might take awhile. You can stay with me until then.

Okay. Will you play games with me?

Sure. What kind of games?

Word games. I love words. I want to be a writer. I want to write stories like the ones in the books I read. Better than the books I read!

That's great! I bet you can. You write down anything that pops into your head, okay? Any little thing could be used for a story someday. You write and write and you keep on writing. I bet you’ll be famous one day.

You think I'll be famous? Really?

Really.

Will it be hard?

Yes.

Will it make me cry?

(pause) Maybe.

It will it be worth it, though, right?

Oh, definitely. Don't you think so?

Yes, I think so... But I'm glad you think so, too.

1 comment:

  1. This entry is the most amazing thing i think i have ever, ever written. it is exactly like the dialog going on in my head since my mom stopped calling for no reason a couple of months ago...again. thank you for writing this you are NOTHING SHORT OF MARVELOUS AND AMAZING AND BRILLIANT AND FUCK ANYBODY WHO SAYS YOU AREN'T sorry if that is offensive...i am following your blog because you are brilliant...i am talking like this because your writing is very cathartic and good and again brilliant thank you and God bless you abundantly!!!!

    ReplyDelete