April 3, 2012

seriously


Dear Guys on Dating Sites,

Please do not lie about your height. It's just silly. I will notice, and I will be annoyed. Also, please do not use photos that are really outdated. I will notice that, too. You are not 21 anymore! That's why we're here, right? Get over it. Oh, and if you are going to ask me to drive 30 miles out of my way to meet you, you had better be extremely good looking, or extremely charming, or both. If you ask me to drive 50 miles, to meet you in your own town, I will not even answer. Because you're a jerk. It's a first date for crying out loud. I don't even know if I'll like you yet, and gas costs $4.39 a gallon.

Thank you for your time,

Vera

4 comments:

  1. Listen up Guys on Dating Sites!

    Seriously! Why lie about something where your cover is going to get blown on the first date! Like how tall you are or how old you are? I'm 5'8'' so I tend to favour taller guys and if people lie about their height I'm apt to lean over them. It's not like I'm not going to notice!

    As for driving fifty miles? Or even thirty miles? They had better be good looking AND extremely charming AND prepared to reimburse you for petrol money. And be many other wonderful things if they are going to get to date YOU. Gentle, good, kind, handsome, charming. Nothing less will do!

    Still internet dating seems to work well amongst my acquaintance. About to attend my second arranged-by-internet wedding next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being 6 feet tall...this is even more extremely laughable.

    ReplyDelete