May 23, 2009

heavenly

a hundred ripe strawberries
round and shining red
so sweet to taste them again
wide open spaces
green hills and fields
where I can run
and run, and run
and never reach the other side
until I'm ready.

cottonwood seed falls like snow
slips through my open fingers
on gentle summer breezes
grass and flowers
growing lovely there
look and smell so amazing
and I can put them
in my hair and know
my eyes won't burn
my head won't ache.

dance up a mountain if I want to
from the bottom to the highest peak
or maybe swim a waterfall
no rules, no gravity, no fear
my heart beats strong
my breath comes easy still
thunder and lightening split the sky
resounding in the shining city
off the buildings where His people dwell
we cry Holy as the echoes fade and then
begin again.

welcome home
to a home that's all your own
but with nearly everyone
you've ever known and loved
we have no need for sun
or moon, or stars
aside from beauty's sake alone
for He is the only light now
and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment