October 1, 2015

AWOL

Oh gosh, I haven't posted since July??! Sorry, anyone who still shows up here!!

So, updates: We moved a couple of weeks ago, and we're almost settled in. I don't know for how long exactly, but at least I know we have a place to bring the baby home to. The kids' room turned out pretty cute, I like to sit in there sometimes even though it's tiny. Phil is working again and he really likes his new school. I am having early labor symptoms, but I'm far enough along that it's not worrisome and she can come whenever she wants to now. Hunter has become very protective of me and is also noticing babies everywhere we go--so maybe he has figured out what's up after all! We do tell him often that baby sister will be here soon, and that certain things in the house are for her. The other morning I found him cuddling his baby doll on his shoulder with no prompting; I think he's going to be an excellent big brother. :)

I'm so happy it's finally October... I am more than ready to meet this sweet little baby and settle into our new routine. I can't wait for us all to get to know each other, and I'm really looking forward to our first Christmas as a family of four. I feel like as soon as she's here, we'll be complete.

3 comments:

  1. Oh-so-glad to see a post, Vera Kate! And I would have completely understood if there hadn't been one, too. I knew your little girl was going to be here soon and that things were up in the air with housing, job, etc.

    Every so often I come and see how you "are" and look at the pictures. I should comment but rarely get a moment when I can.

    YOU ARE ON MY MIND. Oh, Little Girl! Come safe, come sound, come whole. Hunter, how sweet you will be as a brother.

    I have not forgotten the two children you are missing in the midst of all the joy. I remember.

    Love you much,

    Cathy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh!! AND LOVE THE NEW PICTURES!! AND MORE BUMP DIARY!!!!!!!

    Oh, Little Girl! Can't wait to see your sweet face!!!

    xo CiM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy, you are so nice!! Thank you friend. Much love.

    ReplyDelete